In December 2011, Ply Interactive came to Freelock for assistance theming the Crossfit Games site, because of our Drupal expertise and the tight schedule for the project. This site was built from the ground up in Drupal 7, with integration to another application that stores the actual results. Ply did the design and CSS, while relying on us to generate the appropriate HTML for this extremely detailed theme.
We delivered the first iteration in 3 weeks.
Some of the areas that took custom attention include:
- Search results page with results coming from Apache Solr and 3 different search blocks pulling results from the other system.
- Custom Athlete, Affiliate, and Team pages pulling and rendering objects from the remote system.
- Custom carousel/slideshow on home page
- Region pages that pull in region-specific information
- Drop-down menus that are usable on touch screens
- Node Queues for vendors, partners, and sponsors
This site turned into a big fast-turnaround project, and got our 2012 off to a great start!