Have a Drupal site, and not sure what to do with it next?
Having trouble figuring out how to implement something, and need some help?
Worried about your security level and making sure it’s monitored?
Our Web Site Review is the place to start!
Have us run your site through our quality checklist. We'll clear out the clutter in your modules, files, and views. We'll do the basics to make sure you're following best SEO practices, all the security patches are applied, and all the basic performance-enhancing features are set up correctly. And we'll make recommendations on how to make your site better going forward.
At Freelock, we take pride in the quality of our work. To make sure we deliver a quality site, we've been implementing a series of checklists we run through at each step in the process. The goal of a Drupal site review is to give you an assessment of your site, identify areas of improvement, and take care of some basic maintenance.
Here's a partial list of what we check for:
- Is the Drupal core up to date with all security releases?
- Are all modules up to date?
- Is the site built with an appropriate set of modules?
- Are there files that reveal the specific Drupal version or module information to the public?
- Review content types, and whether they are used most effectively
- Review the menu, suggest other items to show
- Review custom modules for code quality and adherence to Drupal standards
- Review all views, move into custom module for version management, remove unused views
- Check for proper theming on generated pages (search results, login/registration pages, etc)
- Check the roles/permissions for appropriate settings
- Check for RSS feeds as desired
- Make sure error reporting is turned off, to discourage hacking
As part of the review, we do some basic maintenance tasks:
- Import into a code management tool to track changes and be able to test fixes, back up database
- Upgrade all modules and core code to the newest release within the supported version, if it can be done without unusual patching
- Remove all sensitive files, turn off error reporting
- Perform theme fixes to make html validate correctly
- Move views into custom module to be able to track changes
- Fix role/permission issues as identified
- Document content types, views, site map/menu structure, and taxonomy
At the end of the site review, you receive a report with what issues we found, what we corrected, and what we suggest doing to the site in the future.
If a Site Review is what you’re looking for we’d love to help!
3 Hour Web Site Review
- Truncated version of above options
- Get a Sense of What’s Running
- Receive a list of Recommendations
- Module Security Review
- If already in Drupal- update the site while creating a dev copy and see what breaks.
10 Hour Web Site Review
- Complete all above options and 3-Hour review plus:
- Outline the information architecture of site
- Provide Feedback on recommended improvements
30 Hour Web Site Review
- Requirements Gathering
- Functional Specifications
- RoadMapping Exercise