Yesterday, while assessing a new client site, we ran across a technology we have not seen before: Sphinx Search. The site, while built in Drupal, had some very unusual techniques used to load Sphinx -- a previous developer had basically made a copy of the and hard-coded some autoload paths to load their custom Sphinx libraries.

To get the site to even load, I bundled up Sphinx in a Docker container, and copied over the configurations, language pack, and data. Then I had to debug until I found where the autoload path was hard-coded, deep inside a core vendor file. Problem solved! Our dev site now loads up just fine.

Share this article with your friends!

Comments (0)

Add new comment

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.