For many years, we've organized our development around user stories. What exactly is each user trying to accomplish, and what does that look like when they try to accomplish those tasks?
For most of the past year, we've taken this a step further and adopted Behavior Driven Design. It's the same thing, really, with one fundamental difference: we have a tool to automate testing the user stories, and a more specific syntax to use that gets straight to the heart of the user story.
I'll write a lot more about Behavior Driven Design going forward, but today I just thought I would share a video we recorded several months ago about an actual BDD test run, using the Behat tool to execute the tests.
We've used Behat now on half a dozen projects, on both Drupal 6 and Drupal 7, and with a variety of custom problems solved. It has proven to be extremely useful as a communications tool, to reveal corner scenarios that indicate a need for extra development, catching regressions when features go awry, and much more.
Contact us if you'd like some complex new functionality added to an existing Drupal site, using Behavior Driven Development!