- You want to make sure nobody will be able to read your documents in 10 years
- You want to help your buddy who works for Microsoft have enough income to buy a private island in the Carribean, because maybe he would invite you to come for a weekend
- You feel sorry for the PC on the Mac commercials
- Your buddy is buying it for you from the Microsoft company store, so you're actually saving hundreds of dollars! You can't get those types of deals on free software.
- You hope that the extra emails it takes between you and your customers, partners, and vendors to get formats that they can open will improve your relationship with them
- Having the newest software from Microsoft makes you cool
- You want to extend Microsoft's monopoly on the desktop, it's just easier that way
- You have a big technology budget, and can't think of any better way to spend those dollars
- You already spent the money on it, may as well force others to pay their Microsoft tax, too
- You're a big fan of Survivor, and like being dropped into an unfamiliar environment and having to figure out all over again how to do the things you need to survive
- (Bonus!) You don't know a better solution exists
If your reason for purchasing Office 2007 is #11, drop us an email and ask us how open source software can make your business run better.
Share this article with your friends!